[gmx-users] mdp file problem

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Nov 8 18:18:51 CET 2011

madhumita das wrote:
> Thanks Justin,
>
> I must inform you that my pdb file has a modified cysteine residue
> having a mercury atom attached to the sulphur atom next to the residue
> having the atom 2700. Is the murcury atom creating any problem? I want

Probably.  Parameterizing such a species properly is not trivial, if it can even
be done in a non-polarizable MM force field.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Parameterization#Exotic_Species

> to also know can I use amber forcefield in GROMACS for pdb files of lipid?

Lipids probably aren't built in, but could potentially be added if you provide
the proper parameters.  CHARMM is probably a better choice.  CHARMM27 is built
into Gromacs already, and CHARMM36 is available as a download from the website.

-Justin

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080