[gmx-users] Re: Problems with g_membed tools

Wanling Song wlsonglinda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 09:50:59 CET 2011

I used the mdp file listed previously to generate the tpr file. It
gave this warning:

WARNING 1 [file membed.mdp]:
  Can not exclude the lattice Coulomb energy between energy groups

then I ignored the warning with -maxwarn 1 and gave the tpr file to
g_membed, command line like this:

  g_membed -f membed.tpr -p topol.top -xyinit 0.1 -xyend 1.0 -nxy 1000

Then it seems the g_membed did one iteration and stopped , it returned this:

Back Off! I just backed up step1b.pdb to ./#step1b.pdb.2#

Back Off! I just backed up step1c.pdb to ./#step1c.pdb.2#
Wrote pdb files with previous and current coordinates
Program g_membed, VERSION 4.5.3
Source code file: nsgrid.c, line: 540

Fatal error:
Number of grid cells is zero. Probably the system and box collapsed.

I am wondering if it is because the parameters in the mdp file set
improper. How to change it?

Linda

Does this mean that I need to