[gmx-users] Simulation of membrane protein

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Nov 12 14:01:09 CET 2011

James Starlight wrote:
> Justin,
>

> Indeed GenBox added insufficien of the SOL to my system due to the
> ussage of increased vdvdat ( I've used 0.350 value for the c atoms only
> but the were alot of void beetwen water and bilayer )
>
> lipid_posres in Z directions have prevented the displacement of the
> bilayer but the water were distruibuted irregular on the bilayer
> surface  at the end of NVT phase
>
> By the way in Gmembed system I have no such problems because the were no
> need to use genbox but during processing of the system I've obtain warning
>
> WARNING 1 [file membed.mdp]:
>   Can not exclude the lattice Coulomb energy between energy groups
>

> What does it mean?

grompp is warning you that it is impossible to exclude long-range (reciprocal
space) interactions calculated with PME.  Whatever you're trying to exclude
cannot be completely excluded.

> By the way could I indicate Area per lipid during processing of my
> system with the G_membed?

I don't know what you're asking here.  g_membed has no need of APL information;
it grows the protein into the membrane, a process that removes lipids but does
not attempt to converge APL data in any way.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee