[gmx-users] No locks available.

Roland Schulz roland at utk.edu
Mon Nov 14 00:47:10 CET 2011

Hi,

what file system is this? What operating system on the compute node? In
case it is a network file system what file system is used underneath and
what operating system is the file server using? What version of GROMACS are
you using?

As you workaround you should be able to run with "mdrun -noappend".

Roland

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 10:43 AM, lina <lina.lastname at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is the first time I met:
>
> Fatal error:
> Failed to lock: md.log. No locks available
>
> the disk is not saturated,
>
> md.log is normal,
>
> The job was stopped months ago, and now I planned to resume it with
> all the necessary files kept intact.
>
> Thanks for pointing out which parts I should examine,
>
> Best regards,
> Please search the archive at

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309