[gmx-users] Time unit issue with g_anaeig

Kei Sit kei.sit at qut.edu.au
Tue Nov 15 00:19:32 CET 2011

Hi Mark,

I ran gmxcheck and it returned the following output:

Checking file 1-21.trr
trn version: GMX_trn_file (single precision)
Reading frame       0 time    0.000
# Atoms  7764
Reading frame   49000 time 4900.000

Item        #frames Timestep (ps)
Step         49984    0.1
Time         49984    0.1
Lambda       49984    0.1
Coords       49984    0.1
Velocities       0
Forces           0
Box          49984    0.1

I understand now why the time is 10 times smaller in my analysis, but this now raises another question as to why it is 0.1ps per frame. Would it have something to do with the converting from a DCD format to a TRR format? I just checked the configuration file for my MD run and I can still see that I'm running the simulation of 2fs timesteps and saving output every 500 steps which should equate to 1ps. Once again, thank you for your time in helping.

Regards,
Kei