[gmx-users] Umbrella Sampling - Justin tutorial

Steven Neumann s.neumann08 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 15:58:27 CET 2011

Thank you Justin, now I get what you mean!
As I understood I should pick just one frame untill 189 ps (when
dissociation occured) - does it matter which one I will choose on the final
binding free energy?
Then spacing should be 0.2 nm. Right? But how is it possible to do spacing
like this from such results of summary_distances.dat:

189 0.5769072

190 0.5753590

191 0.5711223

192 0.5719844

193 0.5856807

194 0.5886649

195 0.5958101

211 0.7111782

212 0.7322708

213 0.7675126

378 4.2101626

379 4.1993918

380 4.2223649

500 5.48839

Do you mean the approximate valueof 0.2 nm spacing? As it would be
difficult with these numbers. Can you e.g. do spacing of app. 0.1 nm until
e.g. 3 nm and then increase it to 0.2 nm (I think as in your paper) until
5nm?

Thank you,

Steven