[gmx-users] problem in NVT equilibration

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Nov 18 06:48:52 CET 2011

Anushree Tripathi wrote:
> While running the command for NVT equilibration,I am getting one warning
> for nvt.mdp i.e., The sum of the two largest charge group
> radii(2.334343) is larger than rlist (1.000000).But it is working and
> generating nvt.tpr when I am using -maxwarn option.should I avoid this
> warning.Otherwise what to do to get output without warning.Kindly guide me.

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Errors#The_sum_of_the_two_largest_charge_group_radii_(X)_is_larger_than.c2.a0rlist_-_rvdw.2frcoulomb

The -maxwarn option should almost never be invoked.  The results of a forced
grompp execution are often unpredictable or unstable.  The error messages exist
for a reason.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar