[gmx-users] maybe you are out of quota?

Vasileios Tatsis basilhs_t at yahoo.gr
Mon Nov 21 11:02:11 CET 2011

Dear Gromacs Users,

The following error messages appear while running MD simulations with Gromacs 4.5.4:

- Cannot flush logfile - maybe you are out of quota?
- XTC error - maybe you are out of quota?
- Cannot read/write checkpoint; corrupt file, or maybe you are out of quota?
- Cannot write trajectory frame; maybe you are out of quota?

I use the following parameters for the output files:

###################################

; Output control
; frequency to write coordinates to output trajectory file
nstxout                  = 1000
; frequency to write velocities to output trajectory
nstvout                  = 1000
; frequency to write forces to output trajectory
nstfout                  = 0
; frequency to write energies to log file
nstlog                   = 1000
; frequency to write energies to energy file
nstenergy                = 1000
; frequency to write coordinates to xtc trajectory
nstxtcout                = 1000
; precision to write to xtc trajectory
xtc-precision            = 1000

Also, I have to note that I have compiled Gromacs 4.5.4 with openMPI 1.4.3.
The available disk space is more than 0.4 TB.

Thanks in advance for your help