[gmx-users] pyroglutamate in gromos53a6

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 18:17:40 CET 2011

Hi Henry,

That would be a bit of a wild west approach. A better approximation
would be taking the charges from the backbone amide group, as it is
just an amide with on either side aliphatic carbons. Doing it properly
is a bit more involved, as for the G53a6 FF you need to choose
parameters giving the right free enthalpy of solvation.

Groetjes,

Tsjerk