[gmx-users] grompp line too long error

杨伟 20104227043 at suda.edu.cn
Thu Nov 24 05:45:15 CET 2011

I was trying to setup a simulation for membrane in DPPC lipid bilayer following this tutorial:
http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin/gmx-tutorials/membrane_protein/index.html
I successfully generated the .gro file for the system.But when I tried grompp to generate the .tpr file,I got the error message shown below:
Program grompp, VERSION 4.5.4
Source code file: string2.c, line: 105
Fatal error:
An input file contains a line longer than 4095 characters, while the buffer passed to fgets2 has size 4095. The line starts with: '20s'
I use strace to trace the sys call of grompp,I have found that grompp opened gurgle.dat,and ended up reading gurgle.dat as text file,while gurgle.dat is a binary file,then grompp throwed the fatal error message.
What could be the cause of this problem?