[gmx-users] Pme on gpu performance

Andrzej Rzepiela Andrzej.Rzepiela at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Nov 24 09:53:29 CET 2011

Dears,

I would like to ask what performance improvement is expected for
future releases (e.g. 4.6) for PME calculations on gpu cards. Last
week I sent benchmark results for dhfr to the list, which show no
performance gain when the newest versions of tesla cards vs intel xeon
R are used (more or less in agreement of what is presented on the
gromacs website). However, for the same system  simulations with
different gpu code, acemd,  on a very similar machine can be about 5
times faster, as benchmarked recently by my colleagues, suggesting
that performance of gromacs may soon improve. is that correct ?

Andrzej