[gmx-users] Reg : Simulating heterologous protein complex with bound ligand

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Nov 24 23:17:47 CET 2011

Rohit Farmer wrote:
> Dear Gromacs Users,
>
> I am working on a protein complex with two subunits which are
> heterologous and I docked them using HADDOCK. Now, to one of the subunit
> I built a ligand covalently attached to one of the residue, which enters
> into the active site of the another subunit in the complex.
>
> Now I want to simulate the entire complex i.e. the two subunits and the
> bound ligand. Does anyone know how it can be done.

Multiple proteins should be automatically processed with pdb2gmx, provided you
give some indication where new chains should start (see pdb2gmx -chainsep for
options).  Novel residues have to be parameterized and implemented in the parent
force field.  See:

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Parameterization
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Adding_a_Residue_to_a_Force_Field

Justin A. Lemkul