[gmx-users] calculating the pmf in constrained force simulations

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sat Nov 26 14:26:22 CET 2011

Do you mean that you do constrained position simulations and want to
know how to process the force? If so, read about thermodynamic
integration (TI). I mostly work with US and position restraints, but
for absolute constraints I believe that you should take the average
force at each constrained position and do a trapezoidal integration of
the mean force. Surely somebody has written a paper on this that you
can read.

Chris.