[gmx-users] to gro or not to gro

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sat Nov 26 18:35:56 CET 2011

1. why repeat the calculations? If you're talking about simulations
then there is no need to repeat them due to this. You will get
different answers with the same starting coordinates if you simply
change the initial velocities. If you're talking about instantaneous
energy calculations then I suppose you might need to redo it, but they
should be very quick, right?

2. The .gro files do not carry useless zeroes. you have it
backwards... the gro files end up with fewer digits.

3. it's a little annoying to find out that you already knew the
answer. Why not state that at the outset? Unless I misunderstand this
point, this will mark the end of my comments since holding back
information on purpose just wastes people's time.

Chris.