[gmx-users] File input/output error: 1OTI.pdb

nbhutwal at uci.edu nbhutwal at uci.edu
Tue Nov 29 06:10:51 CET 2011

Hello all. I have just started research and will be using Gromacs. I am
not very command prompt or linux or programming savvy and I'm slowly
learning how to do certain things. I was trying to convert a pdb file
using pdb2gmx but keep getting the following error:

"File input/output error: 1OTI.pdb".

I'm not entirely sure how to solve this issue. The command I wrote is as
follows:

pdb2gmx -f 1OTI.pdb -o 1OTI_processed.gro -water spce

I am going through the lysozyme tutorial I found for gromacs. Any help
would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

-Neil