[gmx-users] order parameter

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Thu Sep 1 20:35:37 CEST 2011

In addition to Justin's comment about g_order being incorrect for
unsaturated carbons, you won't ever get numerical agreement with
g_order, even for saturated carbons, because g_order does not use your
explicit hydrogens. g_order uses the positions of the carbons to
rebuild the hydrogen positions assuming perfect tetrahedral geometry,
which you certainly don't have in all cases when you use real hydrogens.

There is a VMD tcl script that you can download that will compute
order parameters from real hydrogen atoms. perhaps you should try to
compare to that.

Chris.