Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Re: [gmx-users] constant PH simulations

Emanuel Peter Emanuel.Peter at chemie.uni-regensburg.de
Wed Sep 7 12:01:00 CEST 2011

At first I would like to say that I deeply apologize for
the cave-like things I have said. I again say, that this
was not the field I am deeply involved.
>From Gerrit I got a banana.
For this guy, I am a cave-man.

Thanks, for being such ready for open discussion.

I did not tell that I do not want to be wrong.
Questions, which are included in my doubts:

Generalized forces and averages for H+ interchange ?
Comparison with titration experiments ?
Is there any experimental evidence for the rates of
interchange ?
Are simulation-times or the periods of interchange at
any time realistic?
Are equilibria sampled well, with such interchanges,
or are there jumps in free energy by this interchange ?
Why is there no free H+ ?

Thanks for your kind and very constructive criticisms.

I would appreciate, if this so-called discussion will
find an end.
I am deeply depressed about such comments and
I will not take part in any users-discussion in the future.
It makes no sense, because talking like this expresses
the way on how science is done today. Repelling that
person, who does not walk the common way.
And:

Maybe I have lived in a cave, but someone like you, who answers in
such a way, IS A CAVEMAN !

>>> João Henriques 07.09.11 11.30 Uhr >>>
There is no problem in being wrong. The problem is that he wants to be
wrong. At least 4 different researchers gave constructive input and
this subject keeps hitting the same key. I've always been told that
worse than not knowing, is not wanting to know.

Still, I apologize for my outburst.

Best regards,

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 1:54 AM, Mark Abraham  wrote:
> On 7/09/2011 3:53 AM, João Henriques wrote:
>>
>> I guess someone has been living in a cave for the past decade or so...
>
> Please keep contributions to the mailing list constructive :-) Everyone's
> been wrong before!
>
> Mark
> Please search the archive at

João Henriques