[gmx-users] Trajectory viewing by freeing a part

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Sep 7 19:55:49 CEST 2011

Ragothaman Yennamalli wrote:
> Hi,
> While viewing a trajectory I am trying to see how a particular part or
> group is behaving, while keeping the rest frozen (I dont want them to
> move). For example, in a two domain protein keeping one domain frozen
> and seeing the other domain movement or in a protein ligand complex
> keeing the protein frozen and seeing the movement of the ligand. I tried
> -center in trjconv and selected the group that I need to center. Any
> other suggestions?

Use trjconv -fit rot+trans with a custom index group of whatever you'd like to
keep (somewhat) fixed.  You cannot fix any group's position with trjconv; you
can only remove periodicity and to least-squares fitting to get a smooth trajectory.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee