[gmx-users] radial distribution function

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Sep 9 21:37:50 CEST 2011

Moeed wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> I have created radial distribution function plot for Carbon atoms in a
> system containing polymer chains. I see some little jumps between first
> and second peak.
> I need your help to comment on how this behavior can be justified (or if
> the plot is wrong).
>
> g_rdf -f *.trr -s *.tpr -o *.xvg -n *.ndx –b xxx

How long is the sampling?  In the absence of -e and with -b being hidden from us
for some unknown reason, it's hard to guess.  I'd say your simulation just isn't
fully converged, although for complex systems that can be a challenge anyway.
Nothing unusual.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar