[gmx-users] Re: gmx-users Digest, Vol 89, Issue 52

Алексей Раевский rayevsky85 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 09:58:34 CEST 2011

mm...sorry for incorrect explanation of the task. I know how to use
index_ndx and g_select, but I don't know whether it is possible to  create
an index group of all atoms in !!sphere!! with a radius of 10 angstrom
around selected "carbon" (for example). Exactly I don't know how and where
to determine a sphere's parameters. As you understand if this sphere
includes SOL molecules (which are flexible and all time will be changing one
to another from outside to the inside of the sphere), so I have to define
not atom numbers of SOL but constant spatial character of the sphere. IS IT
possible? With a use of index file it will look like a new index.ndx, with
[sphere] section and its content, for each frame

------------------------------

> Message: 4
> Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 00:00:23 +0300
> From: ??????? ???????? <rayevsky85 at gmail.com>
> Subject: [gmx-users] (no subject)
> To: gmx-users at gromacs.org

> Hi. I've look through the manual and didn't find an answer on my question:
> i've got a trajectory and i want to convert it in *.pdb with such
> parameters
> of index file [all atoms within a sphere with a chosen radius around
> selected atom]. What can i do? Thank you
>

> --
> *ó ��������Í!
>

> ***
> *
>
> Nemo me impune lacessit*
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 17:02:40 -0400
> From: "Justin A. Lemkul" <jalemkul at vt.edu>
> Subject: Re: [gmx-users] (no subject)
> To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
>

> Алексей Раевский wrote:
> > Hi. I've look through the manual and didn't find an answer on my
> > question: i've got a trajectory and i want to convert it in *.pdb with
> > such parameters of index file [all atoms within a sphere with a chosen
> > radius around selected atom]. What can i do? Thank you
> >

> Use g_select to generate the index group and trjconv to write the file in
> the
> format (and with the contents) that you want.
>
> -Justin

> Justin A. Lemkul
> Ph.D. Candidate
> ICTAS Doctoral Scholar