[gmx-users] g_dist error

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 13 07:10:12 CEST 2011

On 13/09/2011 2:27 PM, aiswarya.pawar at gmail.com wrote:
> Iam -dist option because I need the distance between two groups

That is not what g_dist -dist does. Please read g_dist -h.

>   excluding -dist gives me X,Y,Z output which I don't want.

And other output which you do, but you have to use -o to get it. Read
g_dist -h.

>   And am not specifying an -o.

You need to specify -o to achieve your purpose. However, as I said quite
a while ago, there is no value in measuring the distance between a
protein phase and a water phase if they are in contact...

Mark