[gmx-users] Identifying representative structures from a g_sham generated 2d energy plot

bipin singh bipinelmat at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 18:05:10 CEST 2011

Hello,
Since you already built 2-d free energy landscape (FEL), you should
have PCs (PC1 and PC2) as a function of time. You also know from the
minima of FEL at which PCs the system spends longer time. Once you
find those PCs you should find when the system has those PCs (from PC
vs time). Then you should visualize your trajectory and check the
structures at those periods of time. Once you collect all the
structures you can pick the representative structure.