[gmx-users] different sets of fudgeQQ and fudgeLJ

Yun Shi yunshi09 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 19:02:34 CEST 2011

Hi Mark,

I don't quite understand what it follows "only one [defaults] section can
exist in an entire topology".

Then how to specify different fudge values for different subsets of
non-bonded interactions?

When defining new atom types, should I always use 'new' atomtypes names? For
example, if the atom type "H2" already exists for part A, then I should use
something different like "H2B" to define similar atomtypes in part B?

But if I can use only one [ defaults ] section, even within different .itp
files under the same .top file, how could I tell the program to apply
different fudge values to H2 as defined in A.itp and H2B as defined in
B.itp?

Thanks,
Yun