[gmx-users] Re: different sets of fudgeQQ and fudgeLJ

Oliver Grant olivercgrant at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:21:11 CEST 2011

Hi Yun,

Mixed 1-4 scaling of AMBER and GLYCAM requires a trick originally designed
for including berger lipids and the OPLS forcefield. I think* the original
idea came from Chris Neale and I think there is a paper in detailed in there
you should cite. It was recently explained on the GMX list how to adapt it
to GLYCAM and AMBER. See here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/gmx-users@gromacs.org/msg43703.html

That thread also has links to Chris Neale's original posts. I suggest
reading his posts as they explain how it works very well. You will be able
to do mixed scaling with reasonable accuracy.

Best,

Oliver