[gmx-users] About MD

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Mon Sep 26 10:33:09 CEST 2011

On 26/09/2011 6:25 PM, xiaojing gong wrote:
> Hi, many thanks.
> I am doing some simulation correlated with the growth, in experiments,
> there are two kinds of growth, one is driven by kinetics and other is
> by thermodynamics.

To address this question, I think you need to seek a better description
than "driven by thermodynamics". All processes are driven by thermodynamics.

> So I just wonder to know by using MD simulations, the results I
> obtained is driven by  kinetics or thermodynamics.

The two growth modes must differ somehow in the conditions that trigger
them. For a valid model, which mode you might see will depend what
conditions you choose.

Mark