[gmx-users] Dimer simulation problem

Sarath Chandra Dantu dsarath at gwdg.de
Mon Sep 26 14:21:29 CEST 2011

> Hello again,
>
> I centered it and then did the calculation again for minimum image
> distance
> but still it showed the same graph as without centering. I tried
> visualising
> it
> using vmd but could not see any such clashes. since I am new to vmd
> I do not know whether it is possible to calculate such clashes if at all
> in vmd? I am using dodecahedron box. can it be visualised as it is in vmd?

In VMD go to graphics then representations and select periodic. In
periodic by clicking on +/- of each axis you can check if your protein
bumps into itself.

Best,

Sarath

> Thank you
> With regards
> Kavya
>
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Kavyashree M <hmkvsri at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Justin A. Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu>
>> wrote:

>>> Please see my post from yesterday for a more detailed reply to this
>>> exact
>>> same type of question.  I am beginning to suspect there's a problem
>>> with
>>> g_mindist, but I have no solid evidence for that claim, just a hunch.
>>> It
>>> looks like your protein crosses a periodic boundary and that messes up
>>> the
>>> calculation.  Please center the protein in the box with trjconv -center
>>> and
>>> re-analyze to see if there are any differences.
>>>
>>> -Justin
>>>
>>> --
>>> ==============================**==========
>>>
>>> Justin A. Lemkul
>>> Ph.D. Candidate
>>> ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
>>> MILES-IGERT Trainee
>>> Department of Biochemistry
>>> Virginia Tech
>>> Blacksburg, VA
>>> jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080
>>> http://www.bevanlab.biochem.**vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin<http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin>

>>> posting!
>>> Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www
>>> interface or send it to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.
>>> Can't post? Read
>>> http://www.gromacs.org/**Support/Mailing_Lists<http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists>

> Please search the archive at

--------------------
Sarath Chandra Dantu
Computational Biomolecular Chemistry
Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry
Am Fassberg 11,
Gottingen
37077
Germany