[gmx-users] Pressure estimation from NVT

Sikandar Mashayak symashayak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 17:05:19 CEST 2011

Hi

@ Dallas and Justin

Do you mean that for gromacs version 4.5.3 averages computed using g_energy
may be flawed? And are you suggesting to compute average pressure explicitly
from instantaneous P values in trajectory?

@ Mark

Thanks for suggestion. I am doing 500 ps of equilibration and 10 ns of
production runs with 2141 molecules.

So the important point that I want to understand is that if I use the right
averaging or newer gromacs version, and do large system with longer
production runs, how accurate is the estimate of pressure values from bulk
water NVT simulations?

thanks
sikandar