[gmx-users] g_cluster -dm option

Francesco Oteri francesco.oteri at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 01:02:09 CEST 2011

Hi santhu,
maybe the differecence you observed depend by the xpm format.
In the xpm each cell is represented by one character that, in turn, is
represented as a color by xpm2ps.
Therefore the character count cannot be infinite so each character can
represent a range of RMSD cell.
In my opinion this rapresentation is the source of the problem.

You should modify g_cluster to write the RMSD matrix in a binary format
to avoid rounding error and,
at the same  time, to save computational time.