[gmx-users] grompp error

Peter C. Lai pcl at uab.edu
Tue Apr 3 21:58:27 CEST 2012

Probably consult the tutorials to determine what T-coupling groups to use.

Generally, Water_and_ions with a separate Protein as 2 T-coupling groups when
dealing with a globular protein in water, but you will have to determine if
that is appropriate for your particular system (i.e. if there are ligands,
multi-molecule complexes, etc. involved it will probably be different).

On 2012-04-03 11:51:01AM -0700, Eduardo Oliveira wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After i ran grompp I've the following message:
>
> Fatal error:
> 3 atoms are non part of any of the T-coupling groups
>
> It is probably in refference to the 3 CL atoms i've introduced into the system to neutralize my protein charge. Here are the command lines for genion and grompp
>
> genion_d  -s arath_stpr.tpr -o arath_ions.gro -nname CL -nn 3 -nq -1 -p arath.top
>
> grommp_d -f stpr.mdp -c arath_ions.gro -p arath.top -o arath_stpr.tpr
>
> Additional information: I'm running GROMACS 4.5.5
>
> Regards.

Peter C. Lai			| University of Alabama-Birmingham
Programmer/Analyst		| KAUL 752A
Genetics, Div. of Research	| 705 South 20th Street
pcl at uab.edu			| Birmingham AL 35294-4461
(205) 690-0808			|