[gmx-users] Further discussion: the -extend function of the tpbconv command

Acoot Brett acootbrett at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 05:58:34 CEST 2012

Dear All,

According to "http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Extending_Simulations" , the commands for extending MD are:

tpbconv -s previous.tpr -extend timetoextendby -o next.tpr
mdrun -s next.tpr -cpi previous.cpt

But if you read "http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/File_Formats/Checkpoint_File", it suggest for extension of MD, state.cpt should be used. But if we use state.cpt for extension, in

"
tpbconv -s previous.tpr -extend timetoextendby -o next.tpr
mdrun -s next.tpr -cpi previous.cpt
"

the "previous" in previous.tpr in tpbconv will be conflicting with "previous" in previous.cpt in mdrun.

In addition in command
"
trjconv -s md_0_1.tpr -f md_0_1.xtc -o md_0_1_noPBC.xtc -pbc mol -ur compact
"

can we change md_0_1.xtc to traj.xtc?

I am looking forward to getting a clarification from you.

Cheers,

Acoot