[gmx-users] Re: do_dssp

Mark Abraham mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Apr 5 12:19:52 CEST 2012

On 05/04/12, bharat gupta <bharat.85.monu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok now after downloading the latest version of dssp,

This won't work, because the latest version of DSSP is newer than any released version of GROMACS, and they made big changes. This was discussed at length on the list only yesterday... go and find that thread to see how you need to proceed.

>  and giving right permissions and after executing the /usr/local/bin/dssp command I am getting the following output :-
>
> [root at BHARATPC peptide2]# /usr/local/bin/dssp

By running this program as root, you trusted it not to have a bug that could trash your computer. There is no reason to run that risk.

Mark