[gmx-users] Different results from identical tpr after MD

Acoot Brett acootbrett at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 20:31:38 CEST 2012

Here I want to talk on the time length of production MD.

I have a professor on computational biology. She said for MD only several ps is enough. I have the expereince to run production MD for several ns, and I have got stable conformation.

But I am sure for some protein system, even a 50 ns MS will not give the stable conformation, thus maybe the results are not reproducible. I am not sure whether my explaination is suitable to you.

Cheers,

Acoot