[gmx-users] MD after equilibration phase

bipin singh bipinelmat at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 20:35:52 CEST 2012

Thanks for your comments
 I have a very crude question which may not be even logical to ask here but
I just want to know your opinion on this:

If I will perform two simulations in following two ways :

*RUN:1*

(1) Did NVT with POSRES on protein and
    gen_vel=yes
    gen_temp= 350

(2) Did NPT with POSRES on protein and
    continuation=yes
    gen_vel=no ;Without reading velocities from NVT

(3) Did MD with No POSRES (NPT)
     continuation=yes
     gen_vel=no ; No velocities read from previous run

*
RUN:2

*(1) Did NVT with POSRES on protein and
    gen_vel=yes
    gen_temp= 350

(2) Did NPT with POSRES on protein and
    continuation=yes
    gen_vel=no ; Reading velocities from NVT run using -t option

(3) Did MD with No POSRES (NPT)
     continuation=yes
     gen_vel=no ; Velocities read from previous run using -t option

What will be the expected flaws of the RUN:1 over RUN:2 and will the
results got from the RUN:1 is unreliable ? If yes why ?