[gmx-users] on PDB2gmx

Acoot Brett acootbrett at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 8 08:50:42 CEST 2012

Hi Peter,

I mean if before we input the pdb file to the pdb2gmx, we predetermine the protonation state of HIS, then the corrected PDB file will decide the protonation state of HIS, rather pdb2gmx will assign the protonation state, as for the coordinates of the protonation H will exist in the corrected PDB file.

I guess according to your one previous e-mail that we can still keep the code for different protonation HIS as HIS, and with -his in the pdb2gmx, pdb2gmx will not make wrong. But it seems the -his function would be useless (maybe I am not right on it).

The other possibility is that we will change diffrent protonation state HIS with different HIS codes according to the GROMACS manual. But in this situation we will use .rtp file. Can you tell me how to get and use the .rtp file?

Cheers,

Acoot