[gmx-users] Re: Simulation in the high temperature conditions

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 09:20:53 CEST 2012

Justin,

I have not quite sure about methodology of aplication of such harmonic
distance restrains yet.

E.g I want to constraint distancec of the backbone atoms of my protein
within 7 A ( to allow deviation of all backnones up to 7 A)

I've tried

genrestr -f start.gro -n index.ndx -disre -disre_dist 0.7 -disre_frac 0.7
-disre_up2 1.0

>From this I've obtained for first 5 backbone atoms below disres

    1     5 1     0          1  0.0441928   0.250426    1.25043          1
    1    10 1     1          1  0.0697795   0.395417    1.39542          1
    1    12 1     2          1   0.101657   0.576059    1.57606          1
    1    14 1     3          1   0.138237   0.783341    1.78334          1
    1    15 1     4          1   0.160509   0.909554    1.90955          1

so the atoms 1 and 5 would be unconstrained if the distance between them
would be 0.004-0.25, atoms 1 and 10 would be constrained within distance
0.069-0.395 etc.

I'm not quite understood from manual if  the disre_dist exactly that range
value ralative atom coordinate in the start.gro ? What is the -desre_frac
and in what cases in could be usefull ?

James