[gmx-users] Re: Simulation in the high temperature conditions

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 12:01:29 CEST 2012

Tsjerk,

Thank you for suggestions!

Indeed the hight temperature ( I'm using 700K) which I use for enhansing
sampling rate  resulted in destabilisation of the secondary structure.

To prevent this I've used two slightly different aproaches based on the
restraint. But in both cases I've used slightly soft restrains with
fs=10-200.

The first aproach is the ussage of the posres applied on each backbone atom
with fc=10-50. I've tested case with fc=50 and found that such restrains
were very hight. I've not noticed any conformation sampling of my protein (
rmsd of backbone < 0.3 nm) during 10ns of such simulation. So I've decided
to test a case with fc=10 ( under calculation)

The second approach is the application of the harmonic distance restrainse
wich I've applied on each backbone atom pair in the CUTOFF radius of 1.0
nm. The Rc value was chosen because of my protein is the 7 buddle of alpha
helices so this aproach could be usefull but exactly value for R have been
chosen empirically. I've selected deviation value wich are equal to 1\2 of
cutoff radius = 1.5 nm. I have not realise whaat I could obtain yet from
this because I'm not quite sure about coccect values of such disres.

James

11 апреля 2012 г. 13:35 пользователь Tsjerk Wassenaar