[gmx-users] File editing - only one layer of water around a molecule

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Apr 13 12:23:45 CEST 2012

On 13/04/2012 8:17 PM, Lara Bunte wrote:
> Thanks for that but where in this do I give Gromacs my pdb. file. From
> where do g_select use this information?
>
> What I have is a pdb file.

Look at g_select -h for -f and -s. Like every GROMACS tool, .pdb is one
of the file types you can use instead of a trajectory or run input file
in cases where (as here) that makes sense.

On a more general note, I hope you've done all the GROMACS tutorial
material you can find - this question is one example of the kind of
usage "general knowledge" that can often be acquired that way.

Mark