[gmx-users] File editing - only one layer of water around a molecule

Lara Bunte lara.bunte at yahoo.de
Fri Apr 13 15:11:07 CEST 2012

Hi Justin

Okay, after

g_select -f mol_in_water.pdb -select '"Close to ISO" resname SOL and within 0.5 of group "ISO"'

I got:

selection parser: invalid selection '"Close to ISO" resname SOL and within 0.5 of group "ISO"'

Input error or input inconsistency:
selection(s) could not be parsed

I also tried other permutations of ISO and SOL and got the same.

I read the complete help to g_select twice and I understand nothing what there is written.  In general I like Gromacs more and more but g_select program is totally fucked. I don't get it. :-(

Greetings
Lara

p.s.
Here in this email if I got to answer (like always) is only Justins mail adress, not the gromacs user list. I do it in cc