[gmx-users] protein and DMPC in Charmm36 ff
tomek.wlodarski at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 19:09:16 CEST 2012
I would like to simulate protein in DMPC bilayer in Charmm36 ff.
I checked mailing list and KALP-15 tutorial, but still I have a few basic
1) I have problem with DMPC bilayer...
- VMD membrane builder only provides POPE and POPC lipids...
- on the Peter Tieleman page there is a pdb but with different atom names
and without H, of course I can rename atoms but pdb2gmx would not
regenerate hydrogens - lipids.hdb file is empty
- I have found also this page:
http://terpconnect.umd.edu/~jbklauda/research/download.html and it works
but I am not able to extend bilayer with genconf... I always end up with
separated copies of starting patch... even with -dist 0 0 0.
2) How to choose proper lipid patch size and simulation box size? For
globular proteins I would just run editconf with -bt dodecahedron -d 1. How
it is done in membrane protein simulation?
Thanks a lot for any help and suggestions.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gromacs.org_gmx-users