[gmx-users] Heme group with CHARMM27 FF

Sundar Jubilant jubilantsundar at aim.com
Fri Apr 20 06:33:19 CEST 2012

Dear gmx-users,

I am new to Gromacs and trying to simulate a protein with a heme group using CHARMM27 ff in Gromacs 4.5.3. I have received the following error while running pdb2gmx .

WARNING: atom HA is missing in residue HEM 513 in the pdb file
         You might need to add atom HA to the hydrogen database of building block HEME
         in the file aminoacids.hdb (see the manual)

WARNING: atom HB is missing in residue HEM 513 in the pdb file
         You might need to add atom HB to the hydrogen database of building block HEME
         in the file aminoacids.hdb (see the manual)

WARNING: atom HC is missing in residue HEM 513 in the pdb file
         You might need to add atom HC to the hydrogen database of building block HEME
         in the file aminoacids.hdb (see the manual)

.
.
.
.
.
Program pdb2gmx, VERSION 4.5.3
Source code file: pdb2top.c, line: 1449

Fatal error:
There were 30 missing atoms in molecule Protein, if you want to use this incomplete topology anyhow, use the option -missing

Can anyone help how can I generate and add hydrogen database information for heme to be used with CHARMM27 ff?

Thanks,

Sundar Jubilant