[gmx-users] Heme group with CHARMM27 FF

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Apr 20 08:57:17 CEST 2012

On 20/04/2012 4:38 PM, Sundar Jubilant wrote:

> Dear Abraham,
>
> Thanks for your email. I have already read the manual to solve the
> problem but I wasn't successful.

That's good to say (particularly the first time you post a request for
help, else you'll just get told to go and read), but is unlikely to get
much help because you haven't identified a specific problem. You'd like
the ability to build hydrogen atoms on a heme residue. pdb2gmx has to
have a specific recipe for doing that. The manual describes the required
format and gives an example. Someone's going to have to do some work.

> I need little more detailed answer to solve the problem.
>
> By the way, here is the full command line for which I got the error.
>
> $ pdb2gmx -f CYP.pdb -o CYP_CHARMM.pdb -p CYP1_CHARMM.top -i
> CYP_CHARMM.itp -ignh

If you don't ignore hydrogens, and they're already correct, you don't
need to re-generate them...

Mark