[gmx-users] Re: : Extending run append

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Fri Apr 20 11:36:29 CEST 2012

On 20/04/2012 7:21 PM, lloyd riggs wrote:
> Dear Dr. Abrahams,
>
> I tried to re-create the issue per another e-mail and someone has since fixed the problem as it gives no errors now?  I wish I could say what the problem was, but as I dint fix it I have no clue.
>
> The origional command was:
>
>   qsub -M stephan.watkins at insel.ch -cwd -V -l h_cpu=200:00:00 -l h_vmem=6G -pe mpi 24 -r yes -R yes -b yes mpirun mdrun_mpi_d -s $HOME/21a_20/traj_7/traj_7.tpr -cpi state_prev.cpt -append -compact
>
> And the error message: (trying from memory)
>
> 5 of seven files not found
>
> --When I looked at the log, it looked for the varied files such as energy.edr, .xtc , .trr but could not find them.

As I suggested last time, the simplest explanation is that you (or your
system admins) have not correctly managed to allow the execution host to
see the files you need it to see. In the absence of fully-qualified
filenames, GROMACS can only look in the working directory in which it is
finally run (which need not be the same as the directory from which you
ran qsub, and may or may not be affected by arguments to qsub). Using a
fully-qualified -s filename and allowing other filenames to be found in
the working directory is a recipe for exactly the problem you observe.

Notice how giving the command line you used allows someone to suggest
what is wrong. Speculating that it is a compile-time problem does not.

Mark