[gmx-users] File editing - only one layer of water around a molecule

Lara Bunte lara.bunte at yahoo.de
Sun Apr 22 21:55:44 CEST 2012

Hi Justin

You wrote:

>If you do not specify any output file, the default is this .xvg file
that tells you how many atoms satisfied the >criterion specified in the
selection string. If you want a coordinate file, it's a two-step
process.

>1. Run g_select using the -on flag to produce an output index file of the atoms that satisfy your criterion.
>
>2. Use trjconv with that index file in and your coordinate file to generate the structure with those atoms.
I used the command:

g_select -s molecule_in_water.pdb -select '"Close to ISO" resname SOL and within 0.5 of resname ISO' -on

And got the size.xvg file and an index.ndx file. Than I want to make my coordinate file by

trjconv -n index.ndx

and got the error

Can not open file:
traj.xtc