[gmx-users] File editing - only one layer of water around a molecule

Lara Bunte lara.bunte at yahoo.de
Mon Apr 23 09:46:04 CEST 2012

Hi

that worked. I used

trjconv -n index.ndx -f my_molecule.pdb -o output

After this I got an trajectory file output.xtc

Now I have to get really a coordinate file, i.e. pdb file. I used the command

trjconv -s -f output.xtc -o output.pdb

to convert it to pdb, as I read it in this tutorial:

http://www.mpibpc.mpg.de/groups/de_groot/compbio/p1/index.html

But I got this error:

Can not open file:
topol.tpr

I don't have a topol.tpr file. How do I got my coordinates out of this .xtc file?

Thanks
Greetings
Lara