[gmx-users] gromacs 4.5.4 on cygwin cmake

vijaya subramanian vijaya65 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:37:28 CEST 2012

Hi
I am having problems installing gromacs on cygwin using autoconf so I used cmake instead.

I used the following option with cmake:
cmake GMX_PREFER_STATIC_LIBS=ON ../gromacs-4.5.4

followed by make and make install.  Gromacs installed finally without complaints.

gromacs installs but I get the following error when I try to run the different gromacs executables:

trjconv gives
/usr/local/gromacs/bin/trjconv.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cyggmx/usr/local/gromacs/bin/trjconv.exe:cyggmx
ana-6.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

gmxcheck gives:
/usr/local/gromacs/bin/gmxcheck.exe: error while loading shared libraries: cyggm
xpreprocess-6.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is there a way around this.

I mainly need gromacs on my laptop for all the analysis routines and not to run md sims.

Thanks for any and all help.
Vijaya