[gmx-users] how to optimize the orientation of the protein in a dodecahedron

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 14:36:53 CEST 2012

Hey Thomas,

The rhombic dodecahedron corresponds to the packing of a sphere.
Consequently, the difference in the distance between periodic images
over the shortest diameter and the longest diameter is pretty small.
That means that there isn't really an optimal orientation in a rhombic
dodecahedron; all orientations are pretty much equal. And that's how
it should be :)

Cheers,

Tsjerk