[gmx-users] Re: GPCR MD Tutorial Using GROMACS (URL)

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Apr 26 19:40:17 CEST 2012

On 4/26/12 9:35 AM, Bala S wrote:
> Dear Anirban,
>
> Thanks for the tutorial you have created for the newbies like me to follow.
>
> I wonder the tutorial is only for the GPCRs not applicable for other
> membrane proteins?

Tutorials present possible workflows.  Anirban's tutorial does not significantly
differ from my own (linked from his) which I happen to know has been applied to
many different systems.  There is nothing GPCR-specific in this new tutorial,
just like there is nothing KALP-specific about mine.

> I also have another question about slecting a lipidbilayer, what is the
> criteria is selecting it, for instance popc, dopc or dppc?

The choice of lipid depends on what you need to model.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar
MILES-IGERT Trainee