[gmx-users] File editing - only one layer of water around a molecule

Lara Bunte lara.bunte at yahoo.de
Mon Apr 30 20:53:21 CEST 2012

Hi Justin

First:

It works, thank you :-)

Second:

You wrote:
>Again, as has been stated several times, giving any Gromacs program a
command line option (like -s or -f) in the absence of an explicit file
>name, will cause the program to look for a default file name (which are
listed in the manual or with -h).  In the first case, with no file name
given >to -s, trjconv looks for topol.tpr and fails.  In the second case, -f is looking for traj.xtc and fails.  Provide explicit file names for
all options, unless >you actually have used the default names (which in
your case, you haven't).

>Please go back to my previous advice:
"Supply your .pdb file to the -s flag." That doesn't mean add -s to the
command line and expect magic >to happen ;)  It means you need to invoke
the -s flag to signal that you are providing a file there, and then name
 that file.

This is the first time that I understand what you are talking about. I had problems because I don't understand your englisch, but now I got it. For every Gromacs Option I have to give a file for it and what file type this is I got out of help.

Thanks for being such patient with me.

Greetings
Lara