[gmx-users] Build on OSX with 4.6beta1

Szilárd Páll szilard.pall at cbr.su.se
Mon Dec 3 16:10:11 CET 2012

Hi,

I think this happens either because you have cmake 2.8.10 and the
host-compiler gets double-set or because something gets messed up when you
use clang/clang++ with gcc as the CUDA host-compiler. Could you provide the
exact error output you are getting as well as cmake invocation? As I don't
have access to such a machine myself, I'll need some help with figuring out
what exactly is causing the trouble.

Btw, the CUDA Mac OS X user guide states that you need to use "The gcc
compiler and toolchain installed using Xcode" (
http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cuda-getting-started-guide-for-mac-os-x/index.html
).

Note that on Intel CPUs, when running on a single node, you'll get much
better performance (up to +30%!) if you use only OpenMP-based
parallelization - which is the default with up to 16 threads (on Intel).

Cheers,
--
Szilárd

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Carlo Camilloni <carlo.camilloni at gmail.com