[gmx-users] metal_ligand complex

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Dec 4 12:59:52 CET 2012

On 12/3/12 11:55 PM, tarak karmakar wrote:
> Thanks Justin
>
> Yah! We can run steered MD or Umbrella Pulling ( sampling) for this
> purpose. But one thing I am wondering that how to move the entire
> complex. In my model there are no covalent bond ( bonding info)
> between the metal and ligands. So how to select a particular point in
> the complex to tie a spring with an atom in the ligand  binding site ?

No idea, but the metal itself is the logical starting place.  Just make sure you
have some kind of restraints or pseudo-bonds between the metal and the ligands,
otherwise the ligands will just float away (and they might do so even if the
pulling force isn't applied).

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080